The Natural Root Vegetable Brush is handmade from a root grass native to Mexico, called “zacaton,” with very rigid roots that make great scouring brushes for cleaning pots and scrubbing vegetables. This multifunctional natural brush is a perfect zero waste kitchen tool.
The Natural Root Vegetable Brush is made by a cooperative in Mexico that provides environmentally and economically sustainable opportunities to its communities.
Root vegetable brushes are great for:
- Ensuring that their fruits and vegetables, especially root vegetables, are adequately cleaned
- Allowing one to get rid of the pesticides that may be lingering on the produce skin
- Cleaning the waxed fruits and vegetables more effortlessly and effectively
Once you get a good root vegetable brush, you will never want to go back to not using one as you will always want to have properly scrubbed fruits and vegetables.
* Please note that the Natural Root Vegetable Brush colour may vary as this is a natural product.
- Size: 5.5 in. in length
- Ethically made by a cooperative in Mexico
- 100% all-natural from a root grass called “zacaton”
- The bristles of this natural root brush do not melt when used on hot pots
- Plastic free, compostable and biodegradable
- Comes in recyclable paper packaging
- Handmade in small batches
- Free of toxic chemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers
- Provides employment and fair wage opportunities for rural Mexican communities
The Natural Root Vegetable Brush is 100% natural as it is primarily made from a root grass called “zacaton” only bound by three thin metal threads.
. The Natural Root Vegetable Brush comes attached to recyclable paper packaging.
The three thin metal threads keeping the Natural Root Vegetable Brush and the paper packaging are 100% recyclable. The ‘zacaton’ root grass, which makes up the rest of this vegetable brush, is 100% compostable.
About the Brand
Sayula is a Mexican Canadian company that offers 100% natural, biodegradable, eco-friendly and sustainably sourced alternatives for kitchen and bath products.
We love that Sayula sources all its products directly from hardworking people from Mexican rural communities that handcraft them with love. Sayula ensures that they are paid fair wages, allowing them to earn a stable income and improve their lives and communities. This way, whenever you buy a Sayula product, you are also directly contributing to the betterment of those communities.
Sayula further ensures the environmental sustainability of its products by only sourcing the plant species that are naturally grown without high water, pesticide and fertilizer in the Mexican region, where they conduct their work. We genuinely respect the high level of eco-consciousness of Sayula and are a proud partner of this Mexican-Canadian brand.
How to Use
The most sustainable and water-conservative way to clean your root vegetables using the Natural Root Vegetable Brush is to set a small sink of water where you will be scrubbing the vegetables in the water lightly on all sides. We also recommend pressing more heavily for the vegetables with a larger quantity of visible dirt.
The Natural Root Vegetable Brush should be replaced when the bristles are significantly worn down.
After every use of the Natural Root Vegetable Brush, we suggested rinsing it properly and letting it dry completely before storing away. Proper drying of the brush prevents bacteria and other pathogens from growing.
We are not responsible for any customs and taxes applied to your order. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer (tariffs, taxes, etc.).
Please read Shipping Policy for more information